[Paparazzi-devel] Re: MILIAMP_AT_FULL_THROTTLE

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: MILIAMP_AT_FULL_THROTTLE
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:07:44 +0200

Dear Joekadet,

MILLIAMP_AT_FULL_THROTTLE is the actual current flowing out of the battery in milliampere when the plane is full throttle. The autopilot uses it to integrate how much power is consumed out of the battery and sends it down in the bat.enery. This value can also be used in flight plans. So if at full throttle your motor consumes 10 Amp, fill in 10000. At 50% throttle it is likely to use about 5Amps so the autopilot can have a better idea how much power is left. You can "tweak" this number after a few flights to match the capacity of your battery. If upon landing your bat.energy messages says that you used 2500 mAh while the battery is only 2000mAh you could reduce the MILLIAMP_AT_FULL_THROTTLE by 20% to match your in-flight current consumption.

To be accurate, the throttle servo setting should be correct. Also be aware that current to throttle is not 100% linear, and that full throttle often uses less milliampere in flight than in a static setup.

Hope this helps,

Christophe