Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rocket project

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rocket project
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:00:47 +0100

Hi,

The default control loop is called at 60Hz and there is still lots of CPU time, especially if you don't do anything except stabilization. So, if I understand what you want, it shouldn't be a problem for your rocket.

Gautier

Don Shrum a écrit :
I'm attempting to adapt paparazzi to a stabilazation system for a rocket. The rocket would fly straight up using the 2 axis IR sensor but there would be no course guidance. The only moving part would be the motor on the rocket which is mounted to a gimbal. I'm thinking about purchasing the TWOG autopilot from Buzz. It seems like it might be reasonably easy to program the autopilot to simply work as a wing leveler; that is the functionality I need for a rocket. I'm concerned about the response time though. For a given course correction I'll essentially have 3 points of lag. The first will be the sensors at about 20ms, then I will have the processing time for a circuit or the TWOG autopilot and finally I'll have the servo reaction time at about 50 milliseconds. I'd like to keep processing time down to maybe 30ms or so which in theory gives me round about 10 corrections per second.

Does anyone have any sense for how fast the TWOG is to process corrections configured to act as a wing leveler and doing nothing else. The remainder of the flight computer is built into a gumstix computer so there is no need for the TWOG to do anything else.

Thanks guys!

Donny in Tallahassee