Re: [Paparazzi-devel] About the real formation flight

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] About the real formation flight
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 19:53:57 +0100

Hi,

You will need only one ground modem and the airborn modems configured with the API mode (for xbee modems) : http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Airframe_Configuration#Configuring_The_Maxstream_API_Protocol

The speed of the ground modem should be 57600 and the airborn modems can be set to 9600 or 57600. I have done a 3 UAV formation flight with the xbees set to 57600. If you want to add more aircraft, be aware that the positions are forwarded by the ground station, which can be a problem with too many planes.

Gautier