Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning with wind

From: Steven Wawryk
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tuning with wind
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 18:21:35 +0930

I'd recommend you put the correct date on your system clock because it's hard to find your email a second time.

My guess is that your nav_radius is too tight for either your MIN_CIRCLE_RADIUS or ROLL_MAX_SETPOINT.

I'd expect that the nav_radius refers to the ground track circle. With a strong wind, the corresponding "air track" has tighter turns on the downwind leg. I don't know if MIN_CIRCLE_RADIUS refers to ground track or air track, but ROLL_MAX_SETPOINT will definitely limit turn radius in the air track.

So, try increasing either nav_radius or ROLL_MAX_SETPOINT, and possibly MIN_CIRCLE_RADIUS.

Daniel Bedenko wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if I could get some input from the community on how
to deal with wind
We flying in auto2 but wind at about 13mph pushes the aircraft down quite a
bit.

Here is a screen shot of how the twin was tracking
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1259/screenshotfog.png

Thank you so much in advance

Daniel Bedenko
http://airsea.ucsd.edu