Re: [Paparazzi-devel] questions on flight plan

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] questions on flight plan
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:50:24 +0200

Hi Steve,

there is an "old" feature using procedures: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Flight_Plans#Procedures
But it will require a reflash of your autopilot.

The NavSetGroundReferenceHere() function translates the waypoints around the current GPS location. It's easy to write a similar function to do a rotation (for example around HOME). You only need a way to specify the heading you want. You could use a specific waypoint. The procedure would be:
- NavSetGroundReferenceHere()
- set a waypoint  (XX)
- NavRotateAroundHOME(WP_XX)

hth

--Pascal

Steve Ross wrote:
Most of the flight plans can be used in any places by using the relative coordinates of the waypoints to the HOME location, one thing I don't understand is how people aligned the fields in the flight plans to the new flying fields. Suppose I have the "versatile.html" as my flight plan in mind and arrive at a new field and choose one location as my HOME waypoint and find a runway to take off. Do I have to bring a *compass* to know the orientation of the field in the flight plan to the current field I arrive at? Otherwise, it's likely that my field will be a *rotation* of the field in the flight plan around the waypoint HOME. I may think that the other waypoints in the flight plan are located within the actual field but in actuality some of the waypoints are out of the boundary of the actual field due to the wrong assumption of the *rotation* on the field in the flight plan. If I discover that my assumption is wrong after I arrive at that field, is there any quick and easy way to rotate and create a new flight plan at the field? (One command that rotate all of the waypoints in the flight plan to allign with actual field around the HOME?).

Thanks a lot.