Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 5v onboard regulator

From: Andrew S
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] 5v onboard regulator
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:43:17 +0400

Hello, me interested. Max voltage I used at the moment was 4 lipo, and future
problem would be insufficient power for servos. Also good thing about backup
battery. In case of larger autopilot i think you dont have to use micro molex
connectors, especially for servos, and better would be a separate gps receiver.
Also there is one thing for reliability - now 3v for MC is made from 5v for
servos, and in case of overloading we have reset of board, this must be set
right. I agree with Chris about high current lines near MK, it is acceptable
for small system, but must be redesigned for larger. Also problem was with 5V
modems. When I powered them from 5v line, they didnt work because of noise from
servos, and I had to put separate 7805 for it. 12v bec is also good solution,
it required in order for some payloads powering, some videotransmitters needs
it etc.
Andrew