[Paparazzi-devel] sending array message from the ground

From: johnson . miles
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] sending array message from the ground
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 22:21:40 +0000

Hi All,

I am getting stuck sending array messages from the ground to the plane. Specifically, I am trying to send the following message (defined in the datalink class in messages.xml):

<message name="PATH_SEGMENT" id="102" link="forwarded">
<field name="values" type="float[]"/>
</message>

In "ivyprobe", I am trying to send:
"datalink PATH_SEGMENT 2 1.0 1.0"

and I get the error from the link program:
Failure("Pprz.values_of_string: incorrect number of fields in 'PATH_SEGMENT 2 1.0 1.0'")
Failure("default_value: Array")

I am not sure where to look to fix this error (I've tried a lot of variations of the message). Finally, I am not sure if I should use link="forwarded" or "broadcasted", or just leave that out of my message definition.

Thanks for any help or other examples of sending array messages (from the ground to the plane)!!
--
Miles