RE: [Paparazzi-devel] IAS integration in to the autopilot's code

From: akochevar
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] IAS integration in to the autopilot's code
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:19:43 -0700

The integration of true IAS should not be hacked or slapped together.  The Physics are well known and should be applied whenever possible.  The classic methods are to use pitch to control airspeed and throttle to control altitude.  With some knowledge of the vehicle a simple aero model can be constructed to aid in the overall accuracy of the controller.  I hope this is all taken into account :)

AJ