Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Formation Flights

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Formation Flights
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:27:38 +0100

Hello,

There is already some code for formation flight in a module (conf/modules/formation_flight.xml and sw/airborne/modules/multi/formation.*). But there is no documentation in the wiki yet... You can look in the airframe files mmlaas_N*.xml and try to figure out how it works (I have not used this code for real flights since I make it as a "module"). For the hardware, XBee 2.4GHz are nice, as the bandwidth is bigger than with 868MHz modems (all traffic information are relayed from the ground). For the multiple aircraft, you just have to launch a second simulator (in simulation) or power more than one aircraft (in real life), the server and the GCS should do the rest.

Gautier

Aggelos Klothakis a écrit :
Hello guys...

I am just thinking to start exploring formation flights so i thought that it would be nice to start a subject on the list and gather here all the information available... So for the beginning my 2 questions is what do we need for formation flights(hardware)and how is it possible to simulate a formation flight on GCS...??

And the second one is does anyone know how to add more than one plane on the GCS i've seen some screenshots that it can be done to add more that one aircraft but i just don't know how...

That's for know....
Thank you

*Remember: There is always someone faster than you!*