Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Somethings about the quadcopters

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Somethings about the quadcopters
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:10:12 +0200

Dear  Jesus,
HB_Autopilot works under GPL3, is open source and free to use for all, like Paparazzi.
You  can downloads  eagle files and source code  from http://www.akaflieg.hs-bremen.de/trac/akaflieg/wiki/airborne/hw/autopilot
currently we have the documentation only in German but we will made the comments in English to in future.
The  software for the quadrocpter  is currently not Paparazzi, but it use the Paparazzi  tool chain: bootlader and compiler.
It is possible to  port  the booz software on it.  The magnet sensors is different and same ports.
The way point navigation is implemented but not  tested. Many of the software was developed by students.
Since we work with students, we will  adapt  a free GPL  mikrokopter  tool  for the ground station in this winter semester.
This tool runs under Windows, Linux and Macos.
We have constructed currently 4 prototypes by hand. It needs about 20 to 30 hours to construct one prototype.
The hardware is made for all kind of  MAVs and was developed by a diploma thesis of Andreas Dei..
The  MCU-PCB can work as normal Tiny ( with different ports address) in combination with the IR sensors).
The IMU can use different  types  of rate sensors: ADX610RS,  Melexis MLX90609   and ST LISY300AL..
Since there  is a difference pressure sensor on it  the true air speed can be estimated.
We made the hardware to overcome the problems  with the IR  attitude estimation and
for next competitions and to fly in clouds for a EU project: COST Action ES802.
(In 2009 and 2008 there were weather conditions, so that is was difficult to use the IR sensors).
The dimensions were made small as possible (36mm*57mm). We use 0402 resistors.

Regads
Heinrich

Jesus Martin Sanchez schrieb:
Hello:
   I know (now) that the booz is finished, I ´ve read that have some limitated waypoints navigations capability, but i see in the block diagram that the tiny v3 is going to be an adaptation fo the hb autopilot for a aeroplane, but is going to be avaliable a version for VTOLs? Or the HB autopilot is open source?
   I´m very interested in VTOLS, but I don´t know if use the microkopter or the paparazzi /Hb autopilot... Any opinion??? :)
   Thanks for all
    Jesús