[Paparazzi-devel] Using Joystick via telemetry to control the UAV

From: Long Di
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Using Joystick via telemetry to control the UAV
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:27:12 -0700

Dear all,
       I am currently working on implementing our Joystick controller on our UAVs. I have been reading some materials and have some clues about it. But there are still some confusions and questions regarding using USB Joystick via telemetry to control the plane.
       It seems to me that we need to use the joystick.c in the configuration file. I added it and it complied successfully. But somehow it didn't really work(Maybe because I used a wrong joystick). There is also the ctrlstick.c file and it is under the logalizer folder of sw, it seems more functional than the other file but I am not sure how to use it. Also it seems that joystick.c only work for Auto 2 mode but ctrlstick.c for Auto 1(Please correct me if I am wrong). So does it mean if we want to use ctrlstick.c we have to get rid of joystick.c and are there any other files related to finish this job?  And here is the one last question, is there a requirement for what type of joystick we need to use?
       I just barely get into this application so please help me to get started. Thanks ahead.

All the best regards

Dee
OSAM UAV Team Member

--
Long Di, Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Self-Organizing and Intelligent Systems (CSOIS),