RE: [Paparazzi-devel] RE: distance measurement for landing.

From: gisela.noci
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] RE: distance measurement for landing.
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 07:45:19 +0200

Not sure what the link update rate is, and what the link latency is, but these would have to be accurately known. But the system would not would, regardless of these factors, since the closer you came to ground, the less the angular (height) measurement becomes, and the greater the height error becomes for the same latency error, ie, you might work out your height accurately at 100m alt, with lets say 1% error, by vertical triangulation, where 5 degrees error would make a small difference, but at 1meter above ground, a 5degree error would make a huge difference.

No go…

Joe