[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 68, Issue 42

From: nisma
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 68, Issue 42
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 19:11:10 +0100

@ From: Chris <address@hidden>
If you are interested, i could pass you a schematic/idea of getting
16 distance zones from a cheap ir receiver. Example, using a 40khz
receiver, modulate the IR TX diode from 40khz to 45khz, and depending
on the frequence you get you´r id back, then the distance is in the
region. It´s not so precise, but could be a aid. Getting 30mt distance
measurement is not a problem.  I use it for forward looking with a IR diode
pulsed at 2A for 1 microsecond as obstacle detecting, and for
getting the right angle and position for landing using narrow IR TX
that send out the descend error from ground.

The sensor i use is produced by hygrosense(r) and distributed by
conrad. http://www.conrad.de/goto.php?artikel=502374
On the uk flag, there is the english datasheet.
I have selected this, because of my battery concept.
The sensor need to be amplified. Annother module:
http://www.conrad.de/goto.php?artikel=502667