Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Booz 6 rotor code and stability?

From: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinrich Warmers
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Booz 6 rotor code and stability?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 14:48:00 +0100

Hello,
there is a free GPL mikrokopter ground and configuration
software available (running with linux an widows   http://www.mikrokopter.com/ucwiki/QMK-Tools  )  in witch the settings of multirotor
configuration 4-12 can bee estimated.

Regards

Heinrich

antoine drouin schrieb:
ola

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Ali H.M. Hoseini <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi All,
I saw a picture of a booz with 6 H rotors in paparazzi wiki.
1: Does the current code (SVN) has implementation of this configuration (6
rotor H)?

yep, it suports an arbitrary rotors configuration
You will have to compute the "mixing" that fit your rotor configuration.

2: Is this configuration stable (6 rotor H)?

yep

3: Could I extend this configuration, for example to 12 rotor H easily (I'm
not so expert in ARM)?

yes and no - the limiting factor would be i2c bandwith which get
divided by the number of controllers if you're addressing each one
separatly
An alternative, which is not in the svn but could make it there
soonish, is to "broadcast" higher level control commands and let the
each controllers do the "mixing" according to its position in the
rotor grid.

This requires a modification and reflashing of the mikrokopter
firmware that runs on my controllers.
I'm not really sure how we could redistribute that, considering the
funky mikrokopter license.

Asctec controller have this feature natively but they don't let you
control the "mixing", so you're stuck with the "cross" configuration.
One thing you can still do is a funky thing were you "undo" their
hardwired "mixing" before applying yours. This doesn't give you
control on saturations which is a bad thing.

The "soon to be released" openbldc will off course have this feature
and will in addition to i2c offer control over a can bus which is much
better suited than i2c if the dimension of your wires become
significant.

Regards

Poine

Thanks.