Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Any way to launch *WITHOUT* GCS?

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Any way to launch *WITHOUT* GCS?
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 13:42:23 +0100

better late than never ?

The RC values are available in the flight plan. Using flight_plans/basic.xml, you can add

    <exception cond="RCChannel(RADIO_GAIN1) > 1800" deroute="Takeoff"/>

to the "Holding point" block and add some code to the "Takeoff" block to trigger the launch:

<block name="Takeoff" pre_call="if (RCChannel(RADIO_GAIN1) > 1800) launch=TRUE;"> ...</block>

The RCChannel() macro can be defined in the header of the flight plan:

 <header>
#include "nav_line.h"
#include "datalink.h"
#define RCChannel(_x) ((*fbw_state).channels[_x])
</header>

Of course, you can use different channels for moving to the Takeoff block and triggering the launch (c.f. radios/your_file.xml)

--Pascal

Adrian Lauf wrote:
Is there a simple way that I can add an "auto launch" to get the throttle going in my waypoint file, or perhaps trigger the launch command from the radio or similar? I could theoretically employ the "gear" channel, though I'd rather just be able to add it to a waypoint. Since there exists a "kill throttle" variable, isn't there something I can add that automatically acts as if I've clicked the launch button? Thanks,
-Adrian