Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPSd

From: Gareth R
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPSd
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 11:57:17 +0000

As Marcus said, I've never had a problem, it's only 2.4Ghz analogue video transmitters, smart stuff like wifi and 2.4 RC sets are fine. Whilst usb may be more sensible, you'll need to google to ensure compatibility (linux + model name should do), as it needs to appear as a serial device (for example, /dev/ttyUSB1), which you supply to gpsd. You'll need to make sure you plug it in after your xbees because you want them as ttyUSB0 to save fiddling. I prefer bluetooth because my N800 doesn't have handy usb and they are usually standard serial over bluetooth, so you bind them to a local device (I use blueman because I'm lazy), usually /dev/rfcomm0, then point gpsd at that. Also, it's one less thing to plugin. I only use it when I have 'incidents' anyway...

Hope this helps and makes sense

--G