Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Satellite Receiver

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Spektrum Satellite Receiver
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 13:43:24 -0800 (PST)

If you want some reliable range having more than one satelite would be a good
move. Multiple usarts would be required for that which leads to the use of an
external micro. I did some research into this and concluded an XMEGA chip would
be perfect for this until I realised that the chip can't be programed with ISP
(I don't have the right programmer for it). The smallest chip has 5 usarts from
memory which means good expanability if someone wanted to go crazy with the
satelites

Sparkfun have back in stock a break out board that would be suitable for the
XMEGA but would require soldering the chip on. (not that hard)

Just ideas.....

Todd