[Paparazzi-devel] possible bug when using the cam files

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] possible bug when using the cam files
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 21:50:09 +0200

I encountered a strange behavior when tried to experiment with the pan tilt files. I modified the makefile section of the airframe file to include the cam.c and point.c files plus all the necessary flags for both the simulation and the ap part.
For the simulator i used:
########## video camera
sim.CFLAGS += -DCAM -DMOBILE_CAM -DPOINT_CAM -DPOINT_CAM_PITCH sim.srcs += point.c cam.c

i changed the settings xml file from "basic.xml" to "cam.xml" and tried the simulator, so far so good. Then i changed the settings file from cam.xml to cam_roll.xml or cam_pitch.xml
i don't exactly remember and tried to compile for a simulation.
Then hell broke loose with errors:
In file included from main_ap.c:50:
/home/hendrix/paparazzi3/var/Voyager/settings.h: In function ‘settings_get_value’: /home/hendrix/paparazzi3/var/Voyager/settings.h:35: error: ‘cam_mode’ undeclared (first use in this function) /home/hendrix/paparazzi3/var/Voyager/settings.h:35: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once /home/hendrix/paparazzi3/var/Voyager/settings.h:35: error: for each function it appears in.)
/home/hendrix/paparazzi3/var/Voyager/settings.h:36: e

Strangely the cam.h file is included in the settings.h file and the "cam_mode"
variable is defined but cannot be found.

Now i get those errors when i use any cam related settings xml file
and try to compile for the simulator.
Strangely it compiles just fine for the autopilot.....
I tried reinstalling the software etc but i always get those errors when using any settings file that controls the camera despite the fact that all files and flags are included properly.
Chris