[Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H NoFix Issue

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H NoFix Issue
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:25:38 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

Hello everybody,

I'm getting a odd issue when trying to get a GPS Fix in the Paparazzi GCS. In
U-center I can get a 3d fix in ca. 30
secs no issues, but in the GCS it's never able to get a fix. It finds multiple
servers, the signal strength goes up to
~40dB and after a couple seconds the signal dies again and the GCS moves on to
the next server over and over again. The
bars stay red until the signal dies, then they turn grey. In u-center the
message output looks great (to me), in the
GCS only some messages do display a value and those are pretty unrealistic.

This is from my airframe.xml;

[...]

CONFIG = \"tiny_2_1_1.h\"

[...]

ap.CFLAGS += -DGPS -DUBX -DUSE_UART0 -DGPS_LINK=Uart0 -DUART0_BAUD=B38400
-DGPS_USE_LATLONG

ap.srcs += gps_ubx.c gps.c latlong.c

I've tried to:

-reset the GPS module using u-center and load the config file from the Wiki (
http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki_images/Tiny_LEA-5H-v5.zip
) with no different end result.

-reset the GPS module and configured everything from hand per the Wiki's
directions with no different end result.
-Flash the different Firmware Updates into the gps receiver ( 5.00 / 6.00 /
6.02 )
with no different end result.

My setup:

Twog // PPZUAV LEA-5H+active Sarantel Geohelix Antenna //XbeeProSeries2,2.4Ghz

If someone could explain to me what I'm doing wrong I'd highly appreciate that.
I'm stuck since days here.

If I shall post the message view output of u-center or my whole airframe-config
file just tell me what you need.

Regards,

Nico