Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H NoFix Issue

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] LEA-5H NoFix Issue
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 13:27:55 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Pat and thanks alot for your reply,

It seems indeed that the issue is power-supply related, as the current
indicator on the GCS shows way more
fluctuation as soon as the GPS starts to look for its servers. Or is that
normal?  See image; http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9461/strangevoltage.jpg

Notations to the image;
1) is without GPS connected... as soon as its connected it looks the same but
voltage displayed goes up to 11v...
tiny spikes, no drops
2) is the phase where the GPS looks for servers... looks nasty..
3) is after 2-3 minutes outside. Still some spikes and drops, but not that bad
anymore

I tried to change some power supply related settings in u-center, but with no
success.

Please tell me how you solved your issues Pat, external power supply just for
the GPS? Are
we the only SPK-LEA5H+TWOG users out there having this or similar issues?  If
yes, might this be related to defective
hardware of some kind?

Regards