[Paparazzi-devel] Modem, IS, GPS and controller installation

From: Roman Nikitin
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Modem, IS, GPS and controller installation
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 08:55:59 +0100

Hi all,

As an operation system on my laptop I have Linux Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic  running. I must say I did not work with Linux before.

My autopilot consists of the following components: Twog v1 autopilot board, LEA-5H GPS from UBlox, two IS (slim vertical and small horizontal), XBee Pro PKG USB 2.4GHz Modem with XBee Pro onboard receiver and pitot tube from Eagle Tree. Additionally I have Hitech 6 channel controller.

I know , maybe it is not the best configuration but I have got it from my university and I have to get it working.

GSC is installed and running. I have got also the interconnection between Twog v1 and laptop (via USB). The actual problem is to install drivers for the components. I tried to follow the descriptions on wiki/paparazzi page, but there is no results till now. How could I install the drivers manually in Ubuntu? And which source should I use?

By the installation of driver for one of the components should be another components disconnected from the autopilot board? Does it have influence on installation processes?

I hope to find help here and I am open for cooperation.

Thank you in advance.

Roman

email: address@hidden

Mob.: +44 (0) 7760806643