Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi & X-Plane

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi & X-Plane
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:29:24 -0700 (PDT)

Well Paparazzi talks over the ivy bus which is really a great thing when you want to interface into paparazzi especially because it works multi-platform. The best way start out learning what paparazzi sends around the place is by playing with the ivy examples from http://www2.tls.cena.fr/products/ivy/ . for simplicity just start out on the same computer as paparazzi is running and learn what is being sent around.

You will want to integrate ivy into your X-Plane module which is where that ivy-c example comes in. Hacking the example should make it a lot easier to get things working faster. I couldn't get the example running in studio express but i am very much just a hacking kind of coder so i don't really know what's going on. Maybe you can get it to work.

Once you work this out then i would be a fairly simple task maybe making a module for paparazzi which receives the data from x-plane and sends back control inputs. You wont have to change much on the paparazzi side of things. You 'should' be able to get the module to do everything you want without changing any of the paparazzi code at all. Would just be including the right bits in the aircraft make section.

If you get ivy running in a X-Plane plugin i would love to check out the code :)

Todd