|Subject:||[Paparazzi-devel] Automatic Takeoff and landing|
|Date:||Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:08:04 +1000|
After a couple of stupid questions from myself and a couple of short replies, I am trying to keep my newbie questions to a minimum. The software is great, but the learning curve is quite steep, hence stupid questions.
I have created a working flight file and replicated the Outback Challenge 2010 except for takeoff and landing and pre flight checks.
1. Pre Flight checks from within the autopilot
2. I would like to build a runway takeoff
3. I would like to build a runway landing (this seems a little simpler to do and I think I have finished it)
Pre Flight Checks - is it possible to code something similar to the preflight checks on a normal aircraft?
Building a runway takeoff - I cannot seem to set the start point of the aircraft for takeoff (maybe it would be good to set a start point dynamically when I push takeoff). The start point seems to be the Lat and Lon in the flight plan file.
I would like to be able to
1. Have a dynamic start point when I push takeoff (or other button)
2. Have the aircraft travel down the runway with slight down elevator until above minimum speed.
3. Move elevator to certain up pitch
4. Fly to waypoint Climb
Is the above possible? How do you keep the aircraft from going off the side of the runway given the GPS is not that accurate? If it is possible, I have no idea how to do any of the above, could someone point me in the right direction?
Are runway landings possible with a good degree of accuracy?
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|