Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Automatic Takeoff and landing

From: Joy Morris
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Automatic Takeoff and landing
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:35:05 -0400

Please quit sending me these emails.

Joy Morris http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1192340/

-----Original Message-----
From: Pascal Brisset <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 4:50 am

Hi,

*Pre Flight Checks* - is it possible to code something similar to the preflight checks on a normal aircraft?
For example ?

*Building a runway takeoff* - I cannot seem to set the start point of
> the aircraft for takeoff (maybe it would be good to set a start point > dynamically when I push takeoff). The start point seems to be the Lat
and Lon in the flight plan file.

I would like to be able to

1. Have a dynamic start point when I push takeoff (or other button)
You can use the NavSetWaypointHere() macro to set the waypoint (example in MOB block in basic.xml)
2. Have the aircraft travel down the runway with slight down elevator until above minimum speed.
Use the "throttle" vertical mode:

  <go vmode="throttle" throttle="0.314" from="RunwayStart" wp="RunwayEnd"pitch="-10"/>

where the pitch attribute should give you some down elevator
3. Move elevator to certain up pitch
4. Fly to waypoint Climb
Back to standard takeoff

Is the above possible?
You will say it !
How do you keep the aircraft from going off the side of the runway >
given the GPS is not that accurate?
Try :-) How is directed your front wheel ? You will have to play with the course_pgain (probably different from the "air" one)
If it is possible, I have no idea how to do any of the above, could >
someone point me in the right direction?

*Runway Landing.*

Are runway landings possible with a good degree of accuracy?
Repeatable automatic landing in a 25x25m square, without barometer, is our (the historic team) best achievement with a Slayer (http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Image:DragonSlayer_0948sm.jpg

Good luck

--Pascal

PS: Feel free to feed the wiki with your understandings of the system and your experiment results :-)

Kindest regards,
> Nathan Aherne
Reddog Technology
Web: www.reddog.com.au <http://www.reddog.com.au>