Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Sonar

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Sonar
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:27:00 +0200

Hi,

Nathan Aherne a écrit :
I have read the devel list about altitude sensors for landing and I have noticed there is a module for the maxbotix sonar for the booz. I would like to use the sonar if possible for landings in a fixed wing aircraft on the TWOG. Will the sonar work for landings
I would say no, because when moving fast, the return signal is changed and the measurment are wrong if you don't apply the proper corrections. But maybe the new maxbotix are better.
and will the booz module work with a fixed wing aircraft?
No way

The sonar I am looking at is - http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9496

Kindest regards,

Nathan Aherne