Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Updated OSAM files

From: Austin Jensen
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Updated OSAM files
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 08:14:48 -0600

Mark,

Initialize them like this...

  <section name="Landing" prefix="Landing_">
    <define name="AFHeight" value="50" unit="m"/>
    <define name="FinalHeight" value="5" unit="m"/>
    <define name="FinalStageTime" value="5" unit="s"/>
  </section>

The AFHeight is the height above the TD height, the FinalHeight is the height above TD it will goto after it circles down and cuts throttle and every FinalStageTime seconds after it circles down, the desired altitude of the UAV is cut in half above the TD height.

This is supposed to give a more exponential descent for landing and it works pretty good (as good as it can using GPS for altitude). But to really get the exponential descent, you need to make sure your AGGRESSIVE_BLEND_START is less than (AFHeight-FinalHeight). I'll add something in the wiki when I get some time. I didn't realize anyone was using it! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Austin

Austin Jensen, Research Engineer
Utah Water Research Laboratory (UWRL)
Utah State University, 8200 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT, 84322-8200, USA
W: http://aggieair.usu.edu
E: address@hidden
T: (435)797-3315