Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ubuntu 10.04 make incosistent assumptions over int

From: Stephen L Hulme
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Ubuntu 10.04 make incosistent assumptions over interface Buffer
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 22:23:00 +1200

Dear Pascal

It is now apparent to me ivy-ocaml Version 1.1-10 is a package maintained by yourself.

Package: ivy-ocaml
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 1.1-10
Section: net
Maintainer: Pascal Brisset (Hecto) <address@hidden>

Unfortunately for those of us following the wiki installtion instructions, including loading the ivy-python package provided by Allen Ibara
https://launchpad.net/~uce-launchpad/+archive/ppa) to met the paparazzi-dev dependecy requirement, ivy-ocaml version 1-2-1~ppa6
is installed by default.

I only know this because after reading an earlier post  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/2010-05/msg00096.html ,
I decided to completely remove the Allen Ibara ivy-ocaml package which automatically uninstalls paparazzi-dev.

I also deleted the Allen Ibara repositories from Software Sources.

The result being that an uninstalled package of ivy-ocaml  Version 1.1-10 remains within Synaptic Manager.

I installed this and reinstalled paparazzi-dev.

Then: cd ~/paparazzi3
make clean
make

And everything compiles correctly without the error mentioned in both my own question and that of Niki Regina below.

Maybe the wiki has to be corrected or amended?

Regards

Stephen