Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Several Issues about Purchasing Paparazzi Hardware

From: Nathan Aherne
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Several Issues about Purchasing Paparazzi Hardware
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:44:38 +1000

Hi Chris,

While you make a good point, I am particularly worried about i since I do not
export Paparazzi hardware and the export restrictions on Paparazzi hardware
from the US is nowhere near as strict as preconfigured autopilots. Hence my
comment.

Lots of things are illegal, hell having Mp3s on your iPod was illegal up until
a while ago, as well as recording TV. I am pretty sure we are not going to end
up in the Aussie version of Gitmo because we sold a a couple of chinese
university students a PCB to help out an academic project. The government
creates all sorts of ridiculous laws (without consultation) and its up to US
the people to decide what we think is legal. Only over time will things change
if the populous doesn't like the law.

Kindest regards,

Nathan Aherne
Reddog Technology