Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Anybody Done It on a Sig Rascal?

From: Prashanth Thankachan
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Anybody Done It on a Sig Rascal?
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:54:41 +0530

Dear Arun
Yes the paparazzi works very well on an electric platform such as the SIG 110, but I think the 110 is a huge bird. You will for sure need huge batteries and an equally huge power system. This would have its own problems to deal with regard to power management, Rf noise issues etc and above all if you are not careful with those lipos especially large backs everything can go up in smoke. Why dont you try initially on a smaller platform say 45inch wingspan, easier to handle. I have been flying auto flights regularly with no problem, using a simple trainer, works beautifully, and I get about 45min flight times if weather conditions are ideal.

If you guys have the experience of flying such big birds in your team please go ahead and use the SIG110 its a great bird for this. Read the wiki a zillion times, follow the rc groups thread that should help you get going.

Good luck on your project

Best Regards
Prashanth