Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Anybody Done It on a Sig Rascal?

From: Arun Sajeevan
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Anybody Done It on a Sig Rascal?
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 09:39:09 +0530

Hi Prashant,
Thanks a lot for your advise. We are a group of students from SNG College of Engineering in Cochin, Kerala. Correct me if I am wrong but your name hints that you are from Kerala.
However, we were in fact in search for a person who is involved with the paparazzi group in our area and we are simply excited to find you.
We got the Sig Rascal idea from other colleges ( Delhi College Of Engineering, to be precise) who have participated in the SUAS competition and tasted some success in it. The aero club Trichur hinted about using a Thunder Tiger MK2 with a styrofoam body. This has a 52inch wing span and can give us enough lift for our payload that will also include a camera.
But to start,as per your advice, we are considering the easy star or the phoenix EP. What are the other difficulties you had with the autopilot module integration?
We have ordered the tiny 2.11 bundle package but dont know how long it will take to reach us. We are reading the wiki over and over and familiarising ourselves with Paparazzi software center.Do give us your views.
Thanking you for your time.
Regards,
Arun Sajeevan
SNG College of Engineering