[Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13 1.1 and servo output

From: Sylvain Crêtaux
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny13 1.1 and servo output
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 14:18:11 +0200

Hello there

We"re a group of students from the University of Cergy Pontoise
(France) and we're using a Paparazzi board as part of our project. We
have a Tiny13 1.1 and we have some trouble making it works. The servo
output in particular. From the emmiter to the MCU, everything is fine
(we checked with an oscillo), the PPM is ok and we see the corrects
values for the actuators in the telemetry view. But what comes in and
out of the 4015 shifter that command the servos is odd :
The SERV_CLK is a succession of very shot pulses (3.3V, doesn't look like a PPM)
The SERV_RESET is constant at 5V.
The SERV_DATA is a PWM that varies when we manipulate the RC.
The outputs that are supposed to be PWMs are constants values that
don't change when we manipulate the RC. The voltage varies from 4V on
some pins to 100mV on others.
(in MANUAL mode of course)

In the makefile part of the airframe.xml, we use tiny_1_1.h for the
board config along with servo_4015_MAT_hw.h for actuators.

What can we do ? (we're a bit in a hurry)