AW: AW: AW: [Paparazzi-devel] data upload to Twog v1 and modem communica

From: Roman Nikitin
Subject: AW: AW: AW: [Paparazzi-devel] data upload to Twog v1 and modem communication
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 17:10:55 +0100

Hi Felix and Martin,

> did you already connect your xbee modem and disconnect the usb cable
again (that is normally only used for flashing).

Yes I did, but it stops to blink after 2-3 min I have done it.

> Which XBee versions do you use? Did you configure the XBee modems?

The modem XBee-PRO-PKG USB 2.4GHz Comm Zigbee (Series 1) is used
(http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Modems#Digi_XBee_Pro_2.4GHz_.28802.15.4.2C_.22Series_1.22.29).
 I used X-CTU software. The baud was preselected as 57600, "Coordinator Enable"
for stand by modem and "end device" for airborne modem were preselected. I am
not sure it the baud rate is correct, if the modem of that type support it or
not???

> Try to only connect the XBee modem (you don't need to reflash so you don't
> need the direct USB connection) and set the link parameters as
follows: .../link -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -s 9600 since the default baud rate on the
XBees is 9600 baud if I remember correctly.

Ok, and if 57600 baud is used, I suppose it should be changed to .../link -d
/dev/ttyUSB0 -s 57600 , does it right? So, I have done it like this, now three
grins (RSSI) are lighting constant, "Data Out" (orange) blinks high frequently,
"PWR" (red) blinks less frequently and "Data In" (green) doesn´t blink at all.
After 1-2 minutes they all stop lighting, excepted "PWR" (Power, red). But
after I restart the twog v1, using power cycle, all the light start lighting
for 15-20 sec and then stop.

The modem board has also DIP Switch with 2 Channels off/on which configuration
should be preselected on it?

I cannot understand how could I prove if the telemetry is presented or not.
Which A/C must I flash for my twog v1 for the test? Should I make some changes
according to baud rate in some of the *.xml files of the present A/C? Do the
changes influence the telemetry? How can I see that the modems are speaking to
each other (only lights or there is something else what can point a correct
interconnection)?

Thank you for the patience to me.

Roman

Bristol Institute of Technology