Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Booz power board current capacity.

From: Eric Parsonage
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Booz power board current capacity.
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:41:39 +0930

Antoine

> I think the 225W figure is the power dissipation rating
Yes I just checked the data sheet and you are correct.

> - the
> transistor itself is rated 80 amps

I have 5 of these powerboards made up and would prefer to use them over
anything else.

The motors that are about to be connected up are

http://www.bungymania.com/imageshome/includes3/motorperf1.php?id=70

Using the ubiquitous 10x4.5 props

I have run a test and at full throttle on 3s I was drawing 16A with one motor
which means potentially 64A for four motors.

What do you think ? DO I have enough margin ?

Regards

Eric

PS Any news on Lisa ? Will IMU boards be available with Lisa ?