Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Upload Error

From: Gareth Roberts
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Upload Error
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:24:08 +0100

Sounds like the device is being claimed by GPSd - I'd imagine you are using the latest ubuntu.
Shut it down by typing
sudo /etc/init.d/gpsd stop
Once gpsd is stopped, remove the device and then plug it back in again.
Typing "dmesg" should show the device being attached to "/dev/ttyUSB0".

You also need to make sure you've installed the UDEV rules as per the Software installation page of the wiki if you get a "permission denied" error.

To permanently stop it at boot, type
sudo update-rc.d remove -f gpsd

Hope that does the trick!
--G