[Paparazzi-devel] Stability against wind

From: Rokas Adiklis
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Stability against wind
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 22:43:12 +0300

Hello,

I am trying to tune TWOG to work with my airplane. Stabilization (Auto 1, IR + Gyro) works pretty well, autopilot (Auto 2) is also working in low-wind conditions. However, sometimes, when flying against stronger wind, it starts to fly left to right (kinda oscilates, like a snake).Sometime even turns around in a circle at the same point. I tried to decrease pgain of horizontal control, but it doesn't help much - two less gain makes it very slow (unacurate) to follow the route in more normal conditions.

Just don't get me wrong - it's not storm I'm talking about :) That "stronger" wind is maybe 6-9m/s. It can fly pretty straight against wind in Auto 1 mode.

Any hints?...

Thanks in advance.

Rokas