Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Constant ground speed and altitude control

From: Todd Sandercock
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Constant ground speed and altitude control
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:42:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Rokas.

1. Setting constant ground speed is very dangerous. Firstly going down wind the aircraft would have to fly very slow (maybe even impossibly slow) relative to the airflow and secondly you might find the aircraft flying full throttle for continuous periods flying into wind.

2. Adding to Gautier's comments, It sounds like you haven't set the the pitch neutral of the aircraft properly. All you need to do is make the paparazzi think that the nose is pitched up higher therefore in reality the nose will be driven down adding speed and making it easier to keep the altitude under control.

Todd