[Paparazzi-devel] Request to have IRC channel publicly logged

From: Maik Höpfel
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Request to have IRC channel publicly logged
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 19:34:02 +0200

Hello everyone,

Francois, the admin of http://colabti.org/irclogger/irclogger_logs, a
place that logs various IRC channels, offered me to publicly log the
Paparazzi channel. I got into contact with him because I was looking
for a solution for my need to have personal logs of the Paparazzi
channel. But I think this would be a much better solution, because no
hosting effort is required on our side. The IRC channel is a very
valuable source of information, but many Paparazzi members don't seem
to use IRC much, so a dated and searchable history would imho be very
helpful.

Because there's some privacy concerns, I would like to discuss this
beforehand. You can disable logging on a per-message basis by
prepending [off]. Email addresses will be automatically hidden.

I would leave this topic up for discussion till Saturday and inform
Francois on Sunday, if there are no disagreements.

Regards,
Maik