[Paparazzi-devel] Strange Surging Behavior

From: jlastuka
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Strange Surging Behavior
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:07:07 -0600

Hello All,

I am experiencing some strange behavior from my TWOG after uploading a new airframe file. I originally had the easystar2.xml uploaded and installed in my easystar and had great results, we flew basic flight plans in auto2.

I have now installed the system into my Multiplex Cularis and have uploaded the attached airframe file (I got it from Maik, originally from Hendrix) and am experiencing some strange behavior. The problem occurs in both auto modes and also when switching modes. The system seems to get lost in surging cycles that last from 2 to 30 seconds. The ailerons, rudder and elevator all jolt about once per second and all radio control and telemetry communication are lost during the surging cycles.

Interestingly, if I unhook my ailerons, the problem disappears. And strangely, if only ONE aileron is hooked up, everything works as it should. Only when I plug in both ailerons do I get the erratic behavior. When I move my hands around the IR sensors the control surfaces move as expected, but then the system will suddenly go into the described jolting cycle for 2-30 seconds, then return to normal.

I have attached my new airframe file, as that is the only difference I have made from my previous successful settings.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff