[Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections in the airborne equipment.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections in the airborne equipment.
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 00:45:21 +0200

By reading the postings about surging behaviour I am getting a little unsure if the connections in my TwinstarII are sensible.

At the moment they are as follows:

- TWOG is supplied directly from the 3000mAh 3S lipo, which is the only battery in the plane.

- The AC4790 modem is powered by the TWOG 5V supply. I use only Quarter power output (25mW Conducted).

- Only the throttle signal lead and ground is connected between the TWOG and the motor ESC’s.

- A BEC in the plane powers the 2.4GHz RC receiver and ppm encoder.

- The four mini servos are powered by the TWOG 5V supply.

Would it be better if I remove the + lead between the TWOG and the servos and instead power the servos with a + lead from the BEC ?

Or should I just try my current setup first? I now have my son home on vacation to help me with the tuning so I expect to try Auto flight Shortly.

Thanks,

Helge.