Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections in the airborne equipment.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections in the airborne equipment.
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 10:07:31 +0200

Thanks a lot for the useful advice Poine,

Since everything is already installed I think I'll try the current setup on my TwinstarII where the TWOG powers the servos. I will alter the connections if I detect any of the problems described in this topic. I'll use a hight altitude for the first Auto flights. I am planning a new plane a little bit larger than the TwinstarII. On this I will power the servos separately from the BEC.

About the ppm board. My understanding of it is as follows. The TWOG needs the complete pulse train for all servos in one input signal. To get this, I opened my first 35MHz reiceiver and connected to a point where the signal was not "demultiplexed" to each servo output. This is very well described in the wiki. On my new 2.4GHz receiver this not so easily done. I have therefore connected each servo output that is in use to the  inputs on the ppm board with short servo leads soldered directly to the board. The board then produces the pulse train I collected from the 35MHz receiver. I understand there are also some overlap issues between servo signals on the 2.4GHz receiver, but this is taken care of by the ppm board.

Regards,
Helge.