Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections in the airborne equipment.

From: Helge Walle
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Electrical connections in the airborne equipment.
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:26:39 +0200

Thanks for all comments. I am trying to learn, and there is a lot to learn from this great project.

Felix,

I can see that it will be wiser to connect the servo (-) directly to the BEC (-) and keep only the signal wire from the TWOG. It should make a better power loop for the servos and avoid leading the current through the TWOG and PPM encoder.

I would beleive there is a potential for simplifying the ground connections, and by that avoid possible ground loop problems.

This raises a question that might have an easy answer, but I am not sure myself:
Do we know that the battery/LiPo input (-) on the ESC is hardwired to the (-) on its 5V out supply ?
Would that also be the case for the BEC?

In that case the ground leads TWOG==>PPM encoder and TWOG==>ESC should not be necessary (and avoided).

Helge.