Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Question about LisaL

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Question about LisaL
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:10:28 +0200

Hi JL

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM, J. L. <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is there more info than whats listed on the wiki and your page?

I'm afraid not at the moment - I totally acknowledge the need for good
documentation and will be working on it as time allows.

> Why only paypal?

Joby Robotics is a young company and they are still in the process of
getting their ssl certification.

> I see there is only 1 in stock how long till more are
> available?
Now, that is a tricky question. They are still fine tuning the details
of their assembly process. Also at the moment, testing procedure is
very time consuming. No board leaves the company before being flown
first.

> Other than the gumstix overo what else is required with
> this to get a full AP or is this complete? You mentioned the IMU
> earlier is this required on top of the lisal?

The Overo is not mandatory and the board will fly the booz code on the
STM32 alone. If you intend to fly the booz code, you will need an IMU.
Lisa supports a number of them ( booz_v1 and crista  at the moment),
work is in progress to add support for xsense xti, vector nav vn100
and a new custom model called aspirin, which should be cost effective
compared to the former.

If you intend to fly the regular fixed wing Paparazzi code, you can
use infrared sensors. Support for this is in progress at the moment.

Best regards

Poine