[Paparazzi-devel] Digi XBee Pro 868 issues

From: krise7
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Digi XBee Pro 868 issues
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 00:18:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi everyone

Sorry for warming up some off topic issue... i d appreciate your help now.

I cant get my Xbee Pro 868s to run properly. They suffer from the 10% duty cycle limitations for legal use in Europe.
Someone (think it was Christophe) wrote an xbee868.h telemetry file for a minimal set of data transmissions that apply to the rule of thumb of 2.4kbps *10% = 240bytes/s max. I read all the threads here plus the wiki and i was looking around e.g. the Digi support forum. Digi seems to add their overhead "payload" too and this could end up by 2/3 of the data. My conclusion so far: data should be limited to half of it - this means 120bytes/s.

Further I forced the transceivers to not do any retries, no broadcasts and a long packetization timeout (ATMT, ATRR, ATRO) to be more efficient.
Only to find out: the transfer would stop again reproducibly after 20mins or a bit later.

Now (guess it was Christophe, too) someone mentioned there is a set of pprz messages that are controlled by the xml file but others seem to be hard-coded like NAV, GPS, etc. which includes several files.

What is the right approach to it ?

Thanks for helping me out.

Thomas

@Gauthier, didnt you plan to test these 868s ?