Re: [Paparazzi-devel] can't get telemetry data from my TWOG

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] can't get telemetry data from my TWOG
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:24:50 +0200

You said that you tried to program your GPS. Did you use the "tunnel" firmware in the autopilot or did you wire the GPS directly to the FTDI cable? If you programmed the GPS through the autopilot, and it worked than you are certain that all hardware is fine. If that didn't work you should (re-)check the wiring of your cables: the autopilot tx1-pin should be connected to your computer(ftdi cable) rx pin and vice versa, and gps-tx to autopilot rx0 etc...

If you are certain that you can talk to your GPS through the autopilot using the "tunnel" with u-center, then all the hardware is fine, and you most likely have a configuration error (uart0/uart1 xbee/transparant protocol baudrate of autopilot and baudrate of the paparazzi center link). There is also a serial issue with some former linux distributions like kramic, so make sure to upgrade.

Try to fix the problem using the FTDI cable using transparent protocol in the airframe first before switching to the xbee modems, (which have even more options that can be misconfigured)

Christophe