[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encod

From: Ana García
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Electrical connections with the Tiny and PPM Encoder Board
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:33:05 +0200

Hi all,
 I still have doubts with my electrical connections. Now I have found where to buy a PPM Encoder Board, and have some questions:

If I use a PPM Encoder Board, can I only connect the signals between the RC receiver and the PPM Encoder Board or am I supposed to connect the three leads(signal, vcc and gnd?)in order to make it run? (I power/gnd the RC receiver and the PPM Encoder Board from the tiny).

I have found a failsafe multiplexer for 4 servos/channels, which allows two independent entries(from RC receiver and from autopilot). I think it could be useful in order to keep control of the airframe if the autopilot shuts down on flight...what do you think about ?

Thanks