Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi on Linux and Lisa design questions

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi on Linux and Lisa design questions
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:51:38 +0200

Hello Tilman

There's a block schematic of Lisa/L on the wiki

 http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Image:Lisa_bd.png

As you see, the board contains a STM32 (cortexM3 @ 72Mhz) with all
peripherals exposed ( UARTS, I2C, SPI, ADCs, CAN, input capture, PWMs)
and a socket for a gumstix Overo ( OMAP3 at 600Mhz). The link between
the two processor is done by SPI and served by DMA on both sides (so
alot of bandwith with little CPU overhead).
This architecture is designed to be flexible: the STM32 has the
potential to run all the current Paparazzi software alone ( that would
be one side of the spektrum ) or the STM32 can be used only as IO
processor and you can run your autopilot on the Overo ( that would be
the other end of the spektrum ). Of course anything in between is
possible, like for example running stabilization on the STM32 and
navigation on the Overo.

I'm not sure if that answers your questions. Sorry for the late answer

Regards

Poine

ps: I know the doc about Lisa sucks. I'm focusing on software those
days but I promise I'll work on documentation as soon as possible