Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Possible board for paparazzi?

From: Marc Schwarzbach
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Possible board for paparazzi?
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:02:14 +0200

Hi,

for many tasks I agree the current boards are fine (using several of them quite
often).
But as soon as you start thinkig about IMU instead of IR you see the
limitations of the platform.

The LISA looks great for itself, but if you start getting all the components
you need, like IMU, OVERO, and the board itself, you end up paying 700€ or more
and having several boards and suppliers.

So the idea with the roboard would be to have one board availible which does it
all and has the power for much more. You could use cheaper sensors and have an
EKF. And as the platform is a x86, the code should be portable to other similar
designed boards.

It will definitely need some work, probably thinking about the process of
compiling (could be done on the board...).

It depends on my future occupation if I can invest much time on this... And on
the community interest, of course.

Regards

Marc

-------- Original-Nachricht --------