[Paparazzi-devel] Reply for the ppm encoder problem

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply for the ppm encoder problem
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:19:33 +0300

Well the ppm type definition is now in the radio file not in the airframe file:
<!DOCTYPE radio SYSTEM "radio.dtd">
<radio name="Aurora_bomb_dc" data_min="800" data_max="2200" sync_min="5000" sync_max="17000" pulse_type="POSITIVE"> Also make sure that your throttle channel (if you have a futaba) does not exceed 2ms otherwise this will put the encoder in to simulating a signal loss condition (no ppm output). Reverse the throttle channel of your rc transmitter and see what happens (with the propeller removed of course!!!) When you power up the system the encoder must blink @ ~3Hz assuming that the rc transmitter is already powered on, if it is not blinking but the led is always on this means that it doesn't see any servo signals. Also make sure that the jumper on the ppm board is bridged if you don't power the receiver from a different pack. Normally when you power up the autopilot and the transmitter is off then the led stays on all the time. When you power on the rc transmitter (not recommended you should always have the rc transmitter powered on before you power on the autopilot) the led should blink at 3Hz rate. If you now turn off the rc transmitter simulating a signal loss the led should blink at ~1Hz rate. After that if you power on the rc transmitter again the led should blink at 3Hz again. About me i am killing my self slowly but surely at work as my project is going well and the funds keep coming :-) I work almost 16 hours per day including weekends that's why i am
away for so long.
Chris