Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to "How to adjust surface travel and throttl

From: David
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Reply to "How to adjust surface travel and throttle?, (Edixon Giraldo)" #2
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:32:52 -0700

Chris knows his Paparazzi. He's also working himself to death (really) so I
will add what he wrote to the Wiki.

It helps me to think like a robot. Servo center position, control surface
position, location, altitude all must be told to the robot. The ground beneath
you is not zero. It is some altitude above a reference ( usually sea level). So
this is why you set the ground alt in the flight plan. With the quad rotors
it's very important to get this right. If ground alt equals gps reported alt
the you are on the ground (relatively).

-David