[Paparazzi-devel] We Need A Good Manual

From: Arun Sajeevan
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] We Need A Good Manual
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 17:43:53 +0530

Hello Team Paparazzi,
Our paparazzi board has finally arrived from the PPZUAV and except for the cutting and slicing of packages by the customs people, a big "THANK YOU" to David and his team for the timely delivery.
Now as we start our project we really are in search of a good manual for building the project from scratch.
The paparazzi group, I believe is in need of an exhaustive manual which can not only be helpful to the users, but also make this product more user-friendly to the public.
As of now the present manual (can anyone sent me the full document?) does not give me a good insight of my board (Tiny in my case) or any of the avionics and communicatn devices associated with it. I think other than the Wiki, we need to write a new manual so that beginners (like us) can have almost a plug and play feeling for the Papparazzi boards.
Now when I say a manual, it does not mean we have to mention the Paparazzi project from scratch but just all the parts and its assembly, the HIL and SWIL simulations.
As we are a university project team, we can volunteer the task of documenting our entire process as a user - friendly manual. I hereby request all the paparazzi members to kindly pool in your experiences and advises into this venture.
To start with, can somebody give me the full list of parts(including the cables and other wires) that we need other than those that comes with Tiny Bundle. Kindly tell me all those that needs to be known to setup the board for a SWIL and HIL simulation.
Regards,
Arun Sajeevan